Thursday 10 January, 2008

Returns to the world wide web

It has been a long time since i entered a blog post. Now i got connected to the world wide web through asianet broadband. I'd to face some difficulties with the installation of the modem since there's no LAN(Local Area Network) card in my system. Though I managed to get a LAN card I still had to face some difficulties with the installation of LAN card driver for I'm using GNU/LINUX operating system. Let me tell you about the installation procedure, just for the sake of information. Choose a bus master PCI expansion slot, just unscrew and remove the dummy slot cover. Align and insert the adapter in to the slot,make sure the adapter fits securely and the connection is good.Connect the adapter to the network using UTP cable. The installation of hardware is finished , now about the software. For windows os the driver cd will be automatically loaded. Amazingly no special driver's needed for GNU/LINUX.
TIPs:- try the commands ifconfig,dhclient, ifup,ifdown.
Thanking Pramode Sir and Mobin chettan.
your's bristow.

No comments: